The Vision, Mission, and Values of Grace Haven Retreat (GHR)
Grace Haven Retreat, Inc. Calling and History
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “
plans to prosper you and not to harm You but to give you hope and a future.”
2014 Volunteer/Partnered with PADV and CASA to help victims of domestic violence
- Launch Party for Grace Haven Retreat, Inc. and Glory Foundation Partnership.
- Volunteer/Partnered with WRDVC at safehouse: after school; summer camp; an administrative
- Partnered with TGHIM: Open House for Mentorship Program.
- First annual Pass the Torch Women’s Luncheon Honoring Youth.
- Wives on Fire Conference Call
- Partnering with other non-profit organizations through United Way Community Building Institute Program to implement FAM-UNITY Project.
-1st Annual RELEASED Retreat @ Fellowship Valley
- Partner with Panera food donation
- 2nd Annual RELEASED Retreat @ Christ Walk in the Valley
GHR Ministry Model FREE
Elevate thinking by equipping and training individuals for level of learning through childcare, life-skills workshops, and mentorship programs
Collaborating and partnering with other organizations to facilitate and provide resources that challenge at risk youth and young women to eliminate violence in their new path to healthy relationships
Focus on radical transformations physically and spiritually by bringing services and programs to those at risk for increase public awareness and support.
Promote healthy family relationship by providing families with the support, encouragement and empathy they need
GHR Expansion Goals
- Open a Daycare in the Fall 2020 to create a sustainable revenue stream and provide afterschool care for at-risk students.
- Increase intern/volunteer part-time positions in conjunction with student expansion in mentorship and tutoring programs.
- Expand our services to house 12 families.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Pastor David Smith Treasurer
- $50,000 to open Group Home Daycare (Renovation, Appliances and Supplies)
- $35,000 to purchase van (2)
- In-Kind donations of clothes, children’s item, house décor, toiletries and hygiene products
- 6 volunteer babysitters, 3 volunteer mentors
- 10 monthly donors giving $50, 15 monthly donors giving $25
- Prayer Team consist of board members and volunteers to meet 2nd Saturday.
- TGHIM designate Prayer Warrior to pray daily.
- Meetings are centered around listening, prayer and seeking God’s direction.